Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Lists

The lists go on and on. We try and try to make things simple for ourselves around this time of year with a list. I know I do or my brain would be like a scrambled egg. 

A list of what you need at the grocery store.
A list for who you need to buy gifts for.
A list of the stores you need to go to .
A list of events your invited to.

How do you avoid the stress ? Create lists. 
Try to follow the lists, I know, easier said then done with a 2 year old.
But most of all, I try to just go with the flow to avoid stressing my self out and to avoid stressing the children out. The food shopping will get done when I know the store is not busy and the meals will be favorites but they will be simple.

When it comes to going to the stores to buy gifts, the key is going without children. It would impossible to get anything done that way. These days, my favorite part of shopping is doing it all online. This year I started using Ebates and now I am obsessed.

If you also shop online, sign up! You won't regret it! I am earning cash back on all of my purchases, its silly not to use this site!  
Ebates



So anyway, back to my lists....
I will make sure the gifts are bought for the family first and then buy the teacher's gift, the dance teacher's gift, the babysitter's gift, and the handful of wonderful best friends I have! 
My main goal is to remain stress free this time of year! 

There are so many things to do with our families and friends. We never want to turn down an invitation: Family parties, Pollyanna parties, girls night out, etc. I know I try and do everything, coordinating sitters weeks in advance. But I have learned one thing over the years and that's to not spread myself to thin. Even thought we want to do it all, there is not enough time in the day. 
My bottom line is don't forget what this time of year is all about! Enjoy your family and friends. Enjoy your meals and experiences!
 

Enjoy your time, enjoy yourself! 

Here are a few cute lists I thought you might enjoy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment