Thursday, December 5, 2013

Welcome! Let me introduce myself...


My name is Ruth Falkenstein and I was born and raised in Delaware County. I went to Catholic school all my life and was very comfortable growing up in a small community! I attended Archbishop Carroll Highschool, it seemed so far, all the way out in Radnor! It was very exciting to me, being able to expand my out look on life and meet new friends from surrounding communities ! When I graduated in 2002, I didn't have a direction, I signed up for college because that's what I was supposed to do. Right? 

Well right away, I didn't feel comfortable and decided it wasn't for me. In my head, I always felt like an artist but not clear on how to express it. I went to my parents for advice and my mom told me about my cousin and how she really loved skin care school. My mom suggested maybe I give it a try. The course was not long and there was very little stress involved. 

That next Monday, my Dad and I went to Venus Beauty Academy and signed up. The next
six months I learned so much about skin care and make up! My teacher, Mama Di, always talked about the "chosen ones" that were successful after they left school, but, never in a million years, did I think I would be one. I graduated from Venus and started at my very first job in the business, just two days later. Cuz N Company introduced me to the importance of skin care in the world of a Bride to Be.  I worked with brides leading up to their wedding day, working on their skin and any of their waxing needs. My favorite part was working with the bride the morning of her wedding! I worked at Cuz N Company for a year and half before the birth of my oldest daughter, Ruthie!

After being home with Ruthie for some time, I wanted a fresh start. I found a beautiful start up company called Facelogic in the Edgemont area that had a wonderful concept. Facelogic was a skin care membership program that allowed clients to come in on a monthly basis at low cost! I was there just about two years when I realized I wanted something more.

I wanted to work with brides more often and be apart of their most important morning. 
I started freelancing make up and would travel to brides and do make up on location for the entire bridal party including Mothers of the Bride and Groom. While doing freelance make up, my clients expressed wanting more services on location! So I started traveling to them doing air brush tanning, head to toe waxing, Xtreme eyelash extensions, facials, microdermabrasion, and peels. This was fun for me because I was getting to see my clients in their own element. I would bring my equipment to their homes, set up, perform my services, pack up and be on my way! 

This sparked the fire inside of me! I decided to open Ruthie's Eyes when I found out I was pregnant with my second baby girl! I could no longer carry my equipment,  so I made the decision to open Ruthie's Eyes. We opened the doors, August 3rd 2011! 
Not to sound cliche, but to be honest, I had a dream and I made it happen. I would not be where I am today, without the loving support system of family and friends and clients for which I truly am blessed. My philosophy is that everyone is unique and beautiful.  No two people are identical. My goal, as your make up artist/esthetician, is to take your own uniqueness and not alter, but enhance your true beauty to help you see it "Through Ruthie's Eyes".....
Me and my girls, Ruthie and Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment