Monday, April 21, 2014

A new form of art...


 About 4 years ago one of my friends asked me to paint her nursery with a jungle theme, and ever since then I have done many more, including my own. I took art classes all through high school but I never really did anything with it until then.

This week I was asked to paint one of the walls in my friend's nursery. It's going to be a painting of a tree for a neutral room, as they have not found out if they are having a boy or a girl yet. Ever since that first nursery, it's been a great way for me to utilize a hobby that I love and give my friends a unique gift at the same time.

Keeping some art in my life also prepared me for the career in makeup artistry that I love today!  It's so fun and rewarding to be able to use creativity in my work on a weekly basis, whatever medium that ends up being.




Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

-Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment